Sunday, December 22, 2013

Music: Skyline by Dora Marten


Not too long ago, my cousin and I were swapping our current favorite songs as we usually do. With her being in the UK and I in the US, we like to exchange our favorites so we can expand our diverse taste in music. She recommended a song called “Skyline” that she heard on the radio and that's when my love for the UK duo Dora Marten started. Artists Cherri Voncelle and Jermaine Riley came together to create Dora Martin, a name derived from the names of the world famous “Explorer” and the activist that left his mark on the World with his Dream. Their first single, “Skyline” off their EP Coalition, has a catchy slow paced rhythm that blends well with the lyrics that expresses the risks and emotions for a certain lover in a distant place. 
The Shaun Riley directed music video is just as great as the song. Other than the concept, the artistic shots, and the editing, what really caught my eye was the fashion of this video. Cherri wore what looks to be a checkered tube top covered with a nice flowing black jacket, shimmering black leggings and a pair of black and either gold or silver heels. She then accessorized her look with gold jewelry and a flat bowler or fedora hat. Jermaine, on the other hand, donned a patterned sports jacket, a white buttoned up shirt, boots AND A KILT!! The fact that this man wore a kilt and had me thinking twice about buying one blew me away! I was very impressed with his bold choice. He also accessorized with gold jewelry and a sporran for his kilt. Check out the video below and let me know what you think of the song as well as their fashion choices! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment