Thursday, December 5, 2013

My Top 5 Accessories For Fall/Winter '13


Welp! It's finally cold over here in the US of A and surprisingly it's not really bothering me this year. I'm more of a Summer fan, but ever since I've started concentrating more on fashion and style it's seems I've kinda been looking forward to it?! I now see Winter as a time to impress and express my individuality and not as being trapped in a prison of cold for 5 months. The more bundled up you are the more you have to work with, right? So thanks winter...I guess.
As I plan my outfits for this season, I've come across some accessories that will really turn a basic outfit into something that is worth admiring and I've compiled a list of my top five favorites (not in any particular order). Let me know what you think and what your favorite accessories for the season are too!

  1. Infinity Scarves
    I had one, gave it out, missed it, and bought a new one, so trust me when I say, having a good infinity scarf can come in quite handy. It's easy to wear and adjust transforming an amateur outfit to make you look like one of the pros.

  2. Shirts & Sweatshirts
    Yes, I know shirts and sweatshirts are not usually seen as accessories, but the 90's style is coming back and looking better than ever. It's amazing the difference tying a shirt around your waist can do to a simple outfit. I tried it last month and I'm hooked, planning on buying more shirts as an accessory. 

  3. Sunglasses
    Sunglasses, adding a little style one outfit at a time, even when it's freezing. Tortoise, brown, or green sunglasses work well with the colors of this season and are still just as necessary when the sun is out. 

  4. A Casual Watch
    Having a nice causal watch the blends into an outfit shows importance. By wearing a watch that isn't necessary to the outfit, when noticed, it sends a message that time is important to you and that you're conscience about what you're wearing. 

  5. Messenger Bags
    Like I said before, there's a lot to work with during this season and sometimes you may have to take a layer or two off, that's when a good messenger bag proves itself useful. Whether leather, canvas or both, they make a helpful and stylish accessory.

No comments:

Post a Comment